Saturday, July 14, 2012

DIY Felt Flowers

I have been making these for a while for all different projects.. mainly my toddlers hair lol.. but other things too! I just LOVE them, they look adorable and they are SO easy!

So I wanted to share with you how to make these little darlings for all your DIY projects too! 

The ones I am making today are for my new wreath for the front door, which I will show you soon! 
I will be making three different sizes, but you can make them as large or as small as you want to!

All You Need is Felt, Scissors, and a Hot Glue Gun!
(I want to say sorry ahead of time for the picture quality, it was really late and dark when I took them)

Step One: Pick out the color felt you want your flowers (for my project I am using white)

Step Two: Cut your felt into circles... the larger the circle the larger the flower
(for my three the approx sizes are: 6 1/2in , 5in, & 3 1/2in)


Step Three: Make your circles wavy all the way around


Step Four: Cut your circle into a spiral... at the end (or middle) of your spiral there will be a circle, leave it and don't cut into it.. that will be the bottom of your flower

(I cut my spiral wavy too, but you can cut it straight as well)


Step Five: Starting with the top of your spiral, roll your felt up... keeping the middle nice and tight!


Step Six: Once you've rolled it up all the way to your bottom circle, hot glue the entire bottom of your flower and lay the circle on top.

Turn it over and There you have it... a Beautiful Felt Flower!


Here are my three finished... a small, medium, and large flower!

I know the white is hard to see all the petals so I will update this post soon with colored flowers!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey there! I just found your cute blog via the hop and I'm your newest follower! I'd love to have you be my blog friend too and check out a fabulous $175 CHI giveaway I'm having right now!!

    Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!
    Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/07/chi-bling-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for stopping by so glad you found me! I am going to check out your blog now!

      Thanks,
      Amber Rae

      Delete
  2. Your flowers turned out better than any I've made. I'm excited to be following you and I'd love to have you check out my simple blog--dosmallthingswithlove.blogspot.com.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...